Monday 5 December 2011

Digipak Practice

From my research into digipaks in my genre i found they were quite redundant and rather simple. I kept that in mind buti wanted to be more creative and do something a little different with more detail to make it interesting. I decided to use an overlay technique so that the digipak shows movement.
I have planned my digipak using photoshop and images that i found on google just to experiment with technique, i have decided to use black and white as it creates a nice effect.

Below are printscreens of my digipak practice:
I changed the opacity so i could use the overlay effect.
 I decreased the saturation to turn the pictures black and white.


I added another layer and again changed the opacity

For the inside panel i wanted some lyrics from the main single.

I again decreased saturation and used the rubber tool to place the man in the room.













For the panel behind the cd i wanted a faded picture of the artist.

I decided to go with the hip hop genre i would put the song names on the back of the artists hoody.

These are the sort of effects I am hoping to have on my digipak.


No comments:

Post a Comment